Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Antique sewing machine pictures....you will love these

I first want to thank all of you for the birthday wishes and cards. I had a wonderful birthday.....it has been a great month. Did I get something special? Yes.............I did! I had to splurge on these antique gems. For those of you who have been to my home you are smiling....because everything in my house that can be antique.....is an antique. I am eccentric, believe me. And proud of it! lol

So I had been looking for this one particular Victorian sewing machine made in England. It is the Jones Hand Machine. You hand crank it! It runs so smoothly you would think it was new. And the gorgeous decals on it were what made me want this machine. It is cast iron and heavy but sits nicely on top of my antique (of course) desk.
Then I started thinking...there was an antique German childs sewing machine that I had seen.....hand crank of course! So.......I got that one too. It is just adorable. 7" tall and 8" wide and works like a gem.

Like I said...it has been a wonderful birthday month.

Now it's back to work. I have lace trims to pack. I will start showing them next week. I have been busy with ebay orders for hand carved frames. And I have decided to quit carving them. I was going to quit last year after carving over 500 frames with carved corner leaves and then I had so many requests for frames that I brought them back. Another 30 frames later I have decided that these arthritic hands have had enough. I will do occasional frames when I am not too busy with other projects. For me.

My son made the small hornbooks for me, the floss keepers. They have 4 holes on each side...are adorable in poplar and oak. They are 3x5 inches and I did them in a light stain so the etching would show. I did an etched design in the wood and stained them this morning. In a few days when the stain is dry I will post pictures. I have him doing some larger horn books for small needle work patterns to be mounted on. SO many projects going on around here!

And last of all, a friend asked me if I would consider selling the Ultimate floss collection in 3-4 parts. I guess that would make it easier to purchase instead of $338 all at once. So if you are interested in buying it part at a time instead of the whole set at once or buying singles, just email me and let me know.

Thanks for stopping by!
                                               Nancy

19 comments:

  1. These sewing machines are real beauties Nancy. Good for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my they are lovely!! Sure wish I had the room for lovely's like that!! Awww maybe someday!! Glad you have had a wonderful Birthday Nancy! Well back to cleaning things up. I am sew looking forward to seeing your Birthday Present you are sending to me!

    Hugs and have a wonderful day! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sewing machines. I have never seen any like that. Wonderful birthday gift for a wonderful person and stitcher you are. Nancy P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What interesting and beautiful sewing machines! Glad you had a wonderful birthday and glad you took the day off! I am looking forward to seeing the hornbook thread keeps you and your son are creating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your two sewing machines. The full size one has such beautiful decals. What a joy it would be to use it. I thought of you today when I was out and bought a skein of a particular company - it was an emergency purchase while stitching in the passenger seat. I realized later that I paid $1.90 for FIVE yards. Next time I travel better prepared! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated! Your new machines are wonderful! I especially like the child's sewing machine -- what good condition! Enjoy them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sewing machines! Happy Belated Birthday! ~C's cross stitch Creations~ http://christiescrossstitchcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you found the beautiful machine you were looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous machines!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, these machines are so pretty!
    Great find!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new machines! I have an older Singer my mom learned to sew on but that's as antique-y as i get!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Those are beautiful!!! Glad you had a great birthday, but sorry to hear no more of your beautiful frames. Wish I'd bought some already! My loss. But I certainly understand. Maybe I need to learn to do it myself! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, gorgeous sewing machines!Glad you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two beauties Jan i like it hugs Marie-Claire

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun! The sewing machines are "you" for sure! They are sweet!! I know you will enjoy them for many years to come.
    Anxious to see the new hornbooks, sound like they will be very special.
    I am sure that will be helpful to buy that beautiful set of floss in parts for some, thank you for making that possible. You are always so thoughtful.
    Take care of yourself! Hugs..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  16. These machines are so beautiful!!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can remember seeing one of these type of machines at my Grandmother's house as a child - they sure don't make em' like these anymore!!
    http://allcrossstitchpatterns.yolasite.com/Butterfly-Cross-Stitch-Patterns.php

    ReplyDelete